What a coo! Collared dove is king of nests in Fornham all Saints
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A crown on top of a pub sign has to be one of the more unusual places for a bird’s nest.
But this is exactly where EADT photographer Gregg Brown spotted a collared dove, happily sat on top of her pile of twigs outside the Three Kings pub at Fornham All Saints, near Bury St Edmunds.
He said: “I just looked up and thought ‘that’s really bizarre, there’s loads of twigs hanging out of the sign’. I thought ‘that could be a bird and a great picture’.”
Some of the strange places where birds have chosen to find a home include windscreen wipers on cars, traffic lights, old shoes and a minibus engine.
Well out of reach, this collared dove looks like she has chosen a great spot.
You may also want to watch:
•Where is the most unusual place you have spotted a bird’s nest? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 9 Elections 2021: Tim Passmore re-elected Suffolk Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 Inside Suffolk's own Repair Shop