What new restaurant did you want to see in Woodbridge?
- Credit: Archant
With plans for a new eatery in the town having been accepted we asked you what sort of restaurant you wanted for the town.
Over 250 people voted in our online poll to suggest what sort of food should be served at the new restaurant destined for the former Natwest building on Cumberland Street.
The top result choice picked by the majority of those who took part was traditional British food which won 21% of the votes.
Thai food was a close second choice with 19% and American food came in third at 15%.
Many people hope the new restaurant will source local food.
You may also want to watch:
Carol-Ann Coleman wrote “Not a chain, independent, local produce, & classy food across light lunches & main courses.”
Edward Abbott added: “Keep it local and nice.”
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 8 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
A number of others hoped that the new restaurant would include food suitable for vegans and vegetarians while some said they would like to see a Nandos or McDonalds in the town.
Traditional British - 21%
Thai - 19%
American - 15%
Mexican - 14%
Tapas - 13%
Greek - 7%
Other - 5%
Italian - 3%
Chinese - 2%
Indian - 1%