When it comes to TV adverts you have to hand it to Honda
- Credit: Honda
The UK’S favourite TV car adverts have been revealed and Honda has grabbed the top two places.
Its Hands advert was an easy winner with more than 12 million views, followed by the Japanese company’s An Impossible Made Possible ad in second spot.
Third place went to one of two Chevrolet adverts in the top 10 with the American company’s Outstanding Design ad followed by its LifeTest promotion in fourth. In fifth place was Volkswagen’s Play the Road campaign. The rest of the top 10 has Commuter Hijack by Volvo in sixth, Toyota’s Real Deal in seventh, eighth goes to MINI’s Not Normal 2013, followed by Land Rover’s Driven Challenges: Pikes Peak taking ninth place and the New Audi R8 V10 Plus 10th.
The study was conducted by Visible Measures and analysed more than 8.1 billion video views on the internet last year.
Mallory Russell, director of content for Visible Measures, said: “This list isn’t full of standard auto ads, the kind where a car drives around as a voiceover discusses its features. All of these ads have engaged viewers because they tell stories and show how a vehicle is more than a mode of transportation, it’s part of a lifestyle.
“Honda’s Hands tells the history of the brand in a creative way, engaging viewers by wondering what the hands will create next. While a campaign like MINI’s Not Normal shows the fun that the brand inspires and brings to consumers’ lives.”
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 3 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 4 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 5 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 6 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 7 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 8 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 9 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 10 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's