When will thunderstorms hit?
- Credit: JOE BRETT
There is finally some rain on the cards to break the prolonged dry spell in Suffolk.
Today we are once again basking in Mediterranean-style temperatures - and it is expected to get even hotter before the weather breaks.
However forecasters are predicting a change this weekend, with thunderstorms set to sweep the east of England.
According to the Met Office, Friday will be “potentially very hot, with heavy showers and thunderstorms”.
There is up to a 60% chance of rain across the region overnight on Friday, with some showers continuing into Saturday morning.
The showers would bring some long awaited relief for farmers and gardeners across the region, some of whom have suffered seven weeks without rain.
You may also want to watch:
For the time being, forecasters at the Met Office are predicting highs of 30C today, with plenty of hot sunshine.
While it should remain dry and largely sunny, one or two heavy showers cannot be completely ruled out later in the day.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 4 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 5 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 6 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 7 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 8 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 9 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 10 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
Overnight it should stay dry, with largely clear skies developing. It will also remain rather warm and muggy.