Red Arrows to fly over Suffolk and Essex today - this is where you can see them
- Credit: LEE MARKWELL
The Red Arrows are set to fly over Suffolk and north Essex this afternoon as French President Emmanuel Macron visits London.
The planned flypast by the Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team will see the Red Arrows travel over parts of Suffolk this afternoon, in a route that will include passing over Buckingham Palace.
The Red Arrows and their French counterparts, La Patrouille de France, will fly over London to mark 80 years since Charles De Gaulle’s historic speech to occupied France.
President Macron will also visit to mark the important anniversary.
The spectacular aircraft squadron will take off from RAF Brize Norton in Oxfordshire at 4.41pm and their display will take them to Buckingham Palace before flying over Essex, then onto Suffolk before reaching Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
The iconic red jets are planned to approach Suffolk from the south west, heading over Colchester at around 5.07pm.
The Red Arrows will then travel north east, passing to the north west of Ipswich before reaching Framsden in central Suffolk at around 5.11pm.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 7 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 8 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 9 AFC Wimbledon 3-0 Ipswich Town: Woeful Blues well-beaten at Plough Lane in 'season-defining' game
- 10 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
People in Ipswich may be able to spot the jets by looking towards the west at around 5.09pm, with the route not set to pass directly over the town.
The flypast will see the Red Arrows fly north over Eye, reaching East Harling at 5.13pm before travelling through Norfolk to Whissonsett at 5.17pm
They will then return to RAF Scampton in Lincolnshire at around 5.27pm.
If you manage to capture the Red Arrows, send your photos here.