Whepstead: Firefighters rescue horse stuck in a pond.
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to Whepstead this afternoon to rescue a horse stuck in a pond.
Crews were called at 3.40pm to an address in Straight Road where the pond was situated.
A fire crew from Bury went to the scene along with a water rescue vehicle from Bury and a Unimog high performance truck from Lowestoft.
A vet was also called.
The first appliance was in attendance shortly before 4pm and reported one horse in a metre of water.
The crew used a tirfor winch, airbags and lines to rescue the horse, which was freed from the pond just after 5pm.
- 1 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 2 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 3 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 4 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 5 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 6 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 7 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 8 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town
- 9 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 10 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month