Where are the luckiest places in East Anglia?
- Credit: PA
An online betting company has revealed where in East Anglia you are most likely to win cash prizes.
Lottoland has released one year’s worth of data which reveals where in our region has the highest chance of winning money.
The results revealed that in 2017 Witham and Clacton-on-Sea were the luckiest areas of East Anglia.
The most unlucky area was Newmarket - out of the 1,372 bets that were placed in the town during the year, only 193 of these resulted in a cash prize.
When looking at the UK, Bristol and Brighton enjoy the best luck in the country.
However, not all the ‘B’s are so fortunate, with Birmingham and Belfast being the most unlucky.
Approximately 300,000 individuals in nearly 650 different major cities/towns across the UK were tracked in total to produce these results.
- 1 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 2 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 3 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 4 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 5 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 6 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 7 Stu says: Six observations following MK Dons victory
- 8 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 9 Suffolk brand worn by pop star Ed Sheeran opens new store
- 10 Popular carnival's firework display cancelled
On a global level Austria is the luckiest country to live in just ahead of Poland and the Czech Republic.
In last place we have another B with Brazil ranked as the most unlucky country in the world followed by Ireland.