Mapped: Suffolk family attractions reopening April 12
- Credit: Archant
Where will you go when Suffolk reopens on April 12? Hairdressers, zoos, shops and outdoor dining are all due to open again as part of the Government's roadmap for easing Covid restrictions.
The first stage of the easing of lockdown came on March 8 as schools returned and on March 29, the first day of the Easter school holidays, the order to 'stay at home' will be revoked giving people more freedom to travel slightly further afield.
Outdoor sports facilities including tennis courts, outdoor pools, basketball courts and golf courses can reopen from this date but other facilities cannot open until April 12.
From then theme parks, zoos, indoor swimming pools, shops, hairdressers, beauticians and drive-in entertainment can reopen, plus restaurants, cafes and pubs with outdoor seating facilities.
For a list of what's opening in Suffolk and Essex from Monday, March 29 and Monday, April 12 please see the map below:
You may also want to watch:
You can click on the icons for more details on the attraction's websites and how to book.
There has been no confirmation yet on whether Colchester Zoo will open but Africa Alive! near Lowestoft has announced it will reopen in April and has started taking bookings.
- 1 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 8 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 10 Sunday Snap: A false start, new faces watching on, two returning blues and a transfer link
In Ipswich, Suffolk Leisure Park opens on March 29, while outside the town Go Ape Thetford and Beccles Lido will also be opening.
And Bury St Edmond's Park Farm, Ipswich's Jimmy's Farm and Wildlife Park, Newmarket's WildTracks Outdoor Activity Park, Stowmarket's Mid Suffolk Leisure Centre will be back from April 12.
That month Stowmarket's Suffolk Owl Sanctuary, Baylham House Rare Breeds Farm, Stradbroke Swimming Pool and Fitness Centre and Southwold Maize Maze are also set to return.
Pleasurewood Hills near Lowestoft will delay its April reopening slightly and be back on April 17.
The Government has warned when it announced its pathway out of lockdown that the April 12 target date could be delayed if there is a spike in cases following the reopening of schools.
Have we missed someone off the list? Let us know by emailing us.