Where can you pick your own pumpkin in Suffolk and north Essex?
- Credit: Archant
One of the best things about Halloween is pumpkin carving with friends and family. Find out where in Suffolk and north Essex you can pick your own.
Undley Pumpkin Patch and Maize Maze
Undley Road, Beck Row, Suffolk
You can pick a pumpkin in the Undley 50 acre Pumpkin Patch every weekend in October and during the October half term.
The site has doubled in size since 2016 and now has new activities for all the family to try.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a pumpkin shaped bouncy castle and two new giant inflatables on offer.
The Pumkin Patch
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 9 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
Take a stroll around The Pumpkin Patch in Colchester and have your pick of a variety of types and sizes of pumpkins.
It is free entry, you just need to pay for the pumpkin that you pick.
The patch is open every weekend in October until October 29.
Friday Street Farm
Home grown pumpkins can be picked up from the farm’s shop now!
Get creative and get carving or put your chef’s hat on and create some autumnal recipes with the pumpkins.
There are also a few blue pumpkins available to make a velvety soup.
Suffolk Food Hall
The Suffolk Food Hall has a huge selction of pumpkins on offer for you to purchase.
You can pick up your carving canvas seven days a week - from 9am - 6pm on weekdays and 10am - 4pm at the weekend.
Also on October, 23 the venue will be hosting a Halloween cooking club workshop for children.
This will teach them how to cook an autumnal dish from scratch and a Halloween themed pudding. For more information visit their website.
Depden Care Farm
Near Bury St Edmunds
Depden Care Farm have a selection of medium and big pumpkins sitting in their shed waiting for you to collect!
Pop down to the farm whenever you get a chance however it is advised you come while it is still light.