Where can you pick your own pumpkin in Suffolk and north Essex?
- Credit: Archant
One of the best things about Halloween is pumpkin carving with friends and family. Find out where in Suffolk and north Essex you can pick your own.
Undley Pumpkin Patch and Maize Maze
Undley Road, Beck Row, Suffolk
You can pick a pumpkin in the Undley 50 acre Pumpkin Patch every weekend in October and during the October half term.
The site has doubled in size since 2016 and now has new activities for all the family to try.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a pumpkin shaped bouncy castle and two new giant inflatables on offer.
The Pumkin Patch
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
- 7 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 8 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 9 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
Take a stroll around The Pumpkin Patch in Colchester and have your pick of a variety of types and sizes of pumpkins.
It is free entry, you just need to pay for the pumpkin that you pick.
The patch is open every weekend in October until October 29.
Friday Street Farm
Home grown pumpkins can be picked up from the farm’s shop now!
Get creative and get carving or put your chef’s hat on and create some autumnal recipes with the pumpkins.
There are also a few blue pumpkins available to make a velvety soup.
Suffolk Food Hall
The Suffolk Food Hall has a huge selction of pumpkins on offer for you to purchase.
You can pick up your carving canvas seven days a week - from 9am - 6pm on weekdays and 10am - 4pm at the weekend.
Also on October, 23 the venue will be hosting a Halloween cooking club workshop for children.
This will teach them how to cook an autumnal dish from scratch and a Halloween themed pudding. For more information visit their website.
Depden Care Farm
Near Bury St Edmunds
Depden Care Farm have a selection of medium and big pumpkins sitting in their shed waiting for you to collect!
Pop down to the farm whenever you get a chance however it is advised you come while it is still light.