Children flock to meet Father Christmas as grotto arrives in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
Children got the opportunity to meet a very special guest in Bury St Edmunds today as Father Christmas and his elves arrived in the town centre.
The log cabin grotto is situated at Charter Square in the Arc shopping centre and children flocked to see Santa and tell him what they wanted for Christmas this year.
Our Bury St Edmunds, Bury Town Council and the Arc shopping centre have worked together to make Santa’s visit to Bury St Edmunds possible.
As well as Santa’s grotto, later in December the Arc will also be hosting dodgem cars and a carousel to entertain Christmas shoppers.
Admission to the grotto will be by ticket only and bookings can be made in advance, although a number of limited places will be available to buy on the day.
Tickets can be booked now at www.ourburystedmunds/christmas. The dodgems and carousel will be pay on arrival.
You may also want to watch:
Santa’s grotto will be open between 11am and 5pm every day from December 1 right up until Christmas Eve. The dodgems will open on December 15.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence