Where to park for the Great East Run in Ipswich – check out our handy map
- Credit: Archant
Sunday’s inaugural Great East Run will see 3,000 runners tackling the half marathon course around Ipswich town centre, out to Freston and back.
Motorists have been advised to plan their journeys in advance – with road closures in place from 6.30am until 2pm.
Most roads, such as Star Lane, Civic Drive and Cliff Lane, will reopen between 11.15am and 12.35pm, while Russell Road and Constantine Road will be closed from 2pm onwards on Saturday.
It means access to car parks will be limited – but the following central car parks will be open and accessible to the public:
• Athena Hall car park - open 8am until midnight
• West End Road car park - 24 hours
• South Street car park - 24 hours
- 1 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 4 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 5 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 6 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 7 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 8 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 9 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 10 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
• William Street car park - 24 hours
• Upper Barclay street car park - 24 hours
• Great Gipping Street car park - 24 hours