Where would you go on holiday, if you could go anywhere?
- Credit: Archant
Let’s pretend: Money’s no object and you can go anywhere you fancy. What’s your dream destination?
It hasn’t been a bad winter at all, but it’s been wet and it’s dragging on too much for my liking!
Let’s get through the gloomy days by dreaming of lovely summer holidays.
If money was no object, where would you go and what would you do?
Me? It would be tempting to lie on a sun-drenched beach, but I like to be up and doing.
You may also want to watch:
I’d plump for a repeat of a family holiday in 2013 (still paying for it…) on the east coast of America.
Washington DC. We find ourselves crossing Pennsylvania Avenue (though we had no idea at the time) when the junctions are suddenly blocked off by police. We stand open-mouthed as the Obama presidential motorcade sweeps by…
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 6 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
- 10 'Things might have been very different'... outgoing skipper Chambers reflects on that play-off season
Two days later: Climbing through the woods to Blackrock Summit in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. (Anyone old enough to remember Laurel and Hardy singing The Trail of the Lonesome Pine?) On the way down, we see two wild bears (about two years old, someone reckons) snuffling about in the woods, 100m away.
Fantastic. You don’t get that in Suffolk.
Where have you been? And where do you dream of going, if you find a spare £7,000 in your bank account?