Wherstead: The Midnight Walk 2014 will take on a cowboy theme when it kicks-off at Jimmy’s Farm on May 10
There was a resounding “yee-ha” down on Jimmy’s Farm as St Elizabeth Hospice launched its annual Midnight Walk.
This year the late night cowboy and cowgirl themed fundraiser is on Saturday, May 10, starting and finishing at Ipswich Town Football Club.
There will be three routes to walk or run; five miles, eight miles or the new night-time half-marathon course.
Hoeing down and dressing up country and western style for the launch were St Elizabeth event fundraiser Leanne Carhart, Jimmy’s Farm’s Shannon Cullum, Andrew Barfield, Shetland Pony Bella, and hospice volunteers Norman Finbow, Christine Heffer and Keith Digweed.
Leanne said: “Midnight Walk is our most popular sponsored event and the money it raises to fund our services, so they can be provided free of charge, is vital.”
You may also want to watch:
Last year around 1,300 men and women took part raising around £110,000 for the Hospice.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 4 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 5 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 6 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 7 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 8 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 9 Restaurant launches giant cheesecake and cookie company
- 10 Town remain in talks with Edwards over new deal