Whinlands - impressive family home in Martlesham with a pool and stables
- Credit: Archant
Whinlands is an impressive, six-bedroom family home at Martlesham which also offers flexible open plan living space and also equestrian facilities and an indoor swimming pool.
The detached house is set within a plot of about three and three quarter acres including gardens and paddocks overlooking the Fynn Valley.
The accommodation is over two floors.
There is an enclosed entrance porch, an entrance hall opening to the sitting room which has an open fire.
There is an open plan family room with an Iroko staircase leading to the first floor, and providing an office with a store and a reception/libary/music room.
You may also want to watch:
The ground floor reception rooms feature oak flooring and there is a conservatory to the rear of the family room.
The kitchen/dining room has a breakfast area which can be accessed from the sitting room or the entrance hall. Doors lead to the utility room, the boot room and a family bathroom and a cloakroom.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 4 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 7 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 8 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 9 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 10 Publican 'bitterly disappointed' as holiday home plans refused
There are five ground floor bedrooms, two of them with en suite facilities, and one with a mezzanine above.
The first floor bedroom has two dressing areas.
The indoor swimming pool can be accesed from the inner hall by passing through the pool room and changing area, from the master bedroom, the raised terrace or the dining area.
There is a Jacuzzi facility at one end of the swimming pool.
This home has oil-fired central heating.
It has an integral garage, with automatic up-and-over door.
The flexible family accommodation has been well laid out well for entertaining.
There are also superb views across the Fynn Valley.
The equestrian facilities extend to about three acres of the plot.
There is a stable block with three stables and a tack room, and with water, power and light and with an open barn-style store to the rear. There are drinking facilities in the paddocks.
Martlesham village is about five minutes drive from Woodbridge and ten minutes drive from Ipswich.
The village itself has a range of local amenities including pubs, church, post office and primary school.
There are bridle ways and country walks.
There is more shopping at nearby Martlesham Heath.