White Colne: Air ambulance and fire crews rescue man and woman from van in ditch
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters and an air ambulance crew have freed two people stuck in a van which had gone into a ditch.
Crews were called to Bures Road, White Colne, near Halstead, just before 10.10am.
The Essex Air Ambulance arrived at the scene to rescue the woman, with the man being freed by the fire crews.
The incident was under control by around 10.30am.
An ambulance spokesman said both casualties are elderly and had suffered “non life-threatening injuries”.
You may also want to watch:
Both were taken to Colchester General Hospital by land ambulance.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks