Southwold set to welcome clothing retailer White Stuff next month
- Credit: Archant
High street clothing retailer White Stuff will be opening a new store in Southwold next month.
The new shop will feature a mixture of clothing, footwear and accessories for men, women and children.
The new White Stuff shop will be in good company on Southwold’s High Street next to fellow clothes retailer Joules.
The shop’s design will take on a seaside theme with a beach-themed kids house and dressing rooms, a series of clocks with high tide and temperature details and a bespoke shelf display with ships in bottles all set to feature in store.
The new shop will also contain a charity sweet shop area and will offer complimentary tea and coffeee for those visiting the store.
You may also want to watch:
To mark the Southwold shop’s launch a special four-day event will be held there from July 12 - 15.
Everything from a giant lobster themed photo opportunity, to free beachballs, local ice cream will be on offer.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 7 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 8 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 9 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 10 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
There will be voucher giveaways for those who are first in line to the new store openings.
A spokesperson for White Stuff said, “We are excited to be opening a shop in Southwold offering our unique range of clothing, footwear, accessories and homeware to the local community.
“The picturesque coastal surroundings are a perfect match to our brand heritage and we are very much looking forward to our first summer there.”
Rumours of the shop’s imminent arrival in the area had started to spread on social media after job advertisements were spotted for the new store.
Many wondered whereabouts the shop would be going in the town.
White Stuff’s arrival in Southwold is expected to bring around ten new jobs to the town.
The company are also on the lookout for a Suffolk charity to help.
The move is part of White Stuff’s commitment to donating 1% of their annual profits to charity.
White Stuff hope that customers popping by the new shop in the first few weeks will be able to suggest their favourite small, local cause which can be supported by the store.
White Stuff currently have 122 stores across the UK as well as 30 concessions inside other retailers.
Five of these shops are in our region including Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds, Braintree and Colchester and Chelmsford.