Why should you shop local Long Melford this Christmas?
- Credit: Archant
A town “steeped in history”, Long Melford offers the “personal touch” and variety that many bigger towns cannot beat this Christmas shopping period.
This is the feeling of Anne Hardy, owner of one of the many independent shops on Hall Street.
She said: “We have got such a great choice of products. When I look in independent shops, especially in Long Melford, they all have things you would never find in the bigger chains.
“You get the customer experience. The personal touch.
“The big chains are the same where ever you go, there is lack of face to face contact.
You may also want to watch:
“I get customers come in to my tea shop for something to eat and they will see the hampers that I sell.
“They are personal to the person who they are for. Every detail, they choose the basket, what goes in them and they are gift-wrapped by me.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 See inside abandoned hotel with swimming pool as it goes up for auction
- 10 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
“It is a great place to come to. The parking is free, we don’t have charges here. It is easy to get into town.
“Hall Street, the main shopping street, is steeped in history.
“It is a great place to come and visit for the day, grab something to eat and discover a gift you won’t find anywhere else.”