Wickford: Ferrari driver seriously injured in crash
A Ferrari driver has been taken to hospital with serious injuries following a collision with another car in Essex this morning.
Police would like to hear from any witnesses to the crash, which happened at about 6.20am this morning in London Road, Wickford, at its junction with High Street.
A yellow Ferrari, driven by a woman in her 40s from Billericay, collided with a silver Peugeot 206, driven by a man in his 40s from Basildon.
The Ferrari driver was taken to Basildon Hospital with serious injuries. The Peugeot was also taken to the same hospital suffering from whiplash injuries. His passenger was uninjured.
The road was closed for investigations to be carried out.
You may also want to watch:
Officers want any witnesses who left the scene prior to police arrival to contact them at Laindon road policing unit on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 9 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 10 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club