Suffolk village set for ‘an explosion of talent’ as free arts festival returns
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk village is set to become the stage “for a feast of art activity” as part of the world’s largest drawing festival.
Wickham Market is hosting its second Big Draw and Arts Festival on Saturday, October 20, promising “an explosion of talent with fun and interest for all”.
The festival will see free workshops hosted at the village hall from 10am-4pm.
“You don’t need to be an experienced artist everyone can draw and all ages are welcome including families,” said an event spokesman, “Just drop in and have some fun, draw, doodle, sketch, crayon or even try your hand at some animation.”
Suffolk artists will also be exhibiting their work at All Saint’s Church, while the East Anglian Traditional Arts Centre on the Hill, will be exhibiting “Art on the Deben” including original works by Thomas Churchyard, George Rowe and more.
You may also want to watch:
“The festival will be a wonderful opportunity for local people and visitors alike to participate and discover the wealth of artistic talent the area has to offer,” the spokesman added.
Visit The Big Draw for more information.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 4 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 5 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 6 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 7 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 8 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 9 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 10 CCTV released following series of burglaries