Wickham Market: Farm machinery engulfed in flames
FIREFIGHTERS have tackled a blaze which took hold of a sugarbeet harvester on a Suffolk farm.
The fire broke out shortly before 9.22am at Loudham Hall Farm in Loudham Lane, Wickham Market.
A crew from Woodbridge fire station and another from Orford were alerted.
They discovered one beet harvester, with 800 litres of diesel on board, well alight.
A spokesman for the fire service said 400 litres of oil were also involved in the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
Crews battled the flames, bringing the incident under control by 11am. They remained at the scene to dampen down the harvester and the fire spokesman said the firefighters are likely to be detained for some time.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 4 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 5 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 6 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 7 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 8 Busy high street taped off by police
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild