Wickham Market: Super slimmer Chris Bowman sheds impressive seven stone
A SUPER slimmer has found a new lease of life after shedding an impressive seven stone.
Chris Bowman spent years feeling unhappy with his size and was desperate to lose weight.
Just nine months after joining his local Slimming World Group in Wickham Market he has dropped from 21st 13lbs to 14st 7lbs.
“I hated being overweight and I did try to do something about it,” he said. “I’d go to the gym and watch what I ate but I’d never lose much.
“I’d always thought that slimming groups were just for women, but it was clear going it alone didn’t work for me and I needed some extra motivation.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bowman signed up to Slimming World’s “food optimising” eating plan, which still allowed him to have hearty meals while losing weight, and its “body magic” scheme, which works manageable portions of exercise into a daily routine. In Mr Bowman’s case this included joining the gym and swimming.
“You don’t go hungry,” he continued. “It’s about healthy eating and man sized portions, not fads and gimmicks.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
Alan Billings, who runs the Wickham Market Slimming World group, described Mr Bowman as an “inspiration”. “Chris is proof that men can benefit from the support to eat more healthily and get more active as much as women,” he added.
Mr Bowman’s impressive efforts saw him named Wickham Market’s Slimming World Man of the Year, while he just missed out on becoming Slimming World’s Man of the Year.