Grand Raffle Launch and Akenfield film screening for Wickham Market Village Hall funds
- Credit: Archant
A cult film about life in rural Suffolk will be shown ahead of a grand raffle launch, raising funds for a new village hall.
The Wickham Market Village Hall New Build Group is holding a showing on Sunday afternoon of Akenfield, Peter Hall’s 1974 film, which was shot in Suffolk.
After the screening, the “Wickham Market Grand Raffle” will be launched to raise village hall funds.
First prize is £500 cash, with a week’s stay in a holiday cottage at Easton Farm Park for second and a £150 TravelQuest holiday voucher for third. Tickets cost £1 and will be available at village shops, the monthly market and other events.
Wickham Market has been working on plans for a new village hall since 2015.
You may also want to watch:
Doors for Sunday’s film screening open at 3pm at the village hall. T
ickets, costing £4.50 are available from The Tea Pot Tearoom and Cafe 46, or on the door.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 8 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 9 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 10 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
Visit www.visitwickhammarket.co.uk/raffle for raffle details.