Wilby: Community celebrates completion of £80k village hall refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
A village hall described as a “hub for the whole community” is celebrating the completion of an £80,000 refurbishment with its star-studded relaunch next week.
Wilby Coronation Hall, which was built by the villagers in 1953, is welcoming Chris Burt, the “legendary” television producer behind Inspector Morse and Lewis to the event on Friday, December 6.
Coronation Hall committee chairman Marian Ward said everyone involved was “very excited” to be celebrating the special occasion in such distinguished company.
“I feel that the people who come will have a very enjoyable evening,” she said.
The event, which is open to all, will also feature a film screening, food, drink and a raffle. It starts at 6.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
To book a place contact Gwen Warne on 01728 638357.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 10 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket