Wildlife takes centre stage in Suffolk iWitness weekly challenge of patterns
- Credit: Archant
This week’s winner comes from Peter Cutts, who captured the intricate pattern on a butterfly’s wings in Shelley churchyard.
This week’s challenge brought out an array of different colours, shapes and patterns.
Several pictures were sent in, which made this challenge difficult to judge.
Patterns ranged from the zig-zags on a wasp beetle sent in by Robert McKenna to Pamela Bidwell’s close-up picture of a Mallard duck capturing it’s beautiful feathers.
This week’s winning photo, however, comes from Peter Cutts, who sent in a stunning picture of a painted lady butterfly, captured in a churchyard in Shelley.
You may also want to watch:
Next week’s challenge is frosty days.
We want to see your frosty pictures, taken from across Suffolk as winter sets in.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 3 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
To take part and become a Suffolk iWitness member, register at suffolk.iwitness24.co.uk – and you could see your pictures published online on our website and in the newspaper. Happy snapping!