Will there be more snow for Suffolk and Essex in the week to come?
- Credit: Archant
Parts of Suffolk and Essex awoke to a dusting of snow this morning - but will there be more to come?
The Met Office’s forecast for the week ahead suggests more wintry showers could affect the UK tomorrow and again towards the week ahead, possibly including Suffolk and Essex.
Weatherquest which is based in Norwich, also said snow could return to Suffolk and Essex.
Forecaster Richard Jones said most of the snow overnight had fallen in a band in the east of the region, extending southwards as far as Kent.
“The wintry showers are now starting to become lighter and more isolated and that’s the trend for the rest of the day,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve got a frosty start tomorrow, with minimum overnight temperatures down to -2C.”
Mr Jones said there could also be another light dusting of snow, similar to this morning’s conditions.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 6 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 7 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 8 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 9 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 10 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
Wednesday is also forecast to be a cold day, though drier and brighter than the start of the week.
Milder air is expected to come on Thursday before northerly winds return on Friday bring the possibility of more wintry showers.