Will tomorrow bring strong winds to Suffolk and north Essex?
- Credit: citizenside.com
The Orwell Bridge in Ipswich closed last night at 10pm due to strong winds, it then reopened at 5.30am this morning when wind speeds fell to an acceptable level. Is there any chance of this happening again tonight?
Thankfully there is no mention of strong winds in the Met Office’s latest weather forecast.
However, tomorrow is set to be a much colder day with a mixture of sunshine and showers. So wrap up warm if you are planning to do some Black Friday shopping.
According to the Met Office, Suffolk and Norfolk was the warmest part of the UK this morning with temperatures around 12C (53.6F). Everywhere else had single figure temperatures.
It has been a breezy day but the winds have not been as strong as Wednesday.
• Read more: Orwell Bridge fully reopens before morning rush hour
You may also want to watch:
Thick clouds are set to bring persistent rain to southern counties this evening so if you are heading out bring an umbrella just incase.
Watch our video to hear the full weather forecast of the UK.
- 1 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 2 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 5 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 6 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 7 Blues star looking forward to 'getting down to business'
- 8 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 9 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 10 Bridal shop opens in well-known former Sudbury bookshop