Will you be ice skating at The Arc in Bury St Edmunds this Christmas?
- Credit: Contributed
Bury St Edmunds’ first real ice rink is now open for group bookings.
The ice rink will open in the Arc shopping centre on December 5 and will then be available every day, except Christmas Day until January 3.
During the first two weeks it will be possible to hire the rink for sessions of 45 or 90 minutes as well as two hours for party bookings.
The ice rink is being brought to the town by Ourburystedmunds, which runs the Business Improvement District (BID).
One of the first to make a party booking was Arc centre manager and BID director Colin Roberts.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We are delighted to be hosting this real ice rink in Charter Square and I have already booked a session of exclusive use for Arc businesses firstly as they work so hard over Christmas they deserve a bit of fun and also so that they have first-hand experience of it to encourage their customers to skate too. I’m really looking forward to it and think it will be a lot of fun.”
Organisers of the ice rink hope that as well as the general sessions, which are expected to attract hundreds of visitors, it will appeal to those holding Christmas parties in the town who want to work up an appetite for their meal with a skating session before heading on to their celebration.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Woman's body found in village home
- 3 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 4 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 5 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 6 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 7 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 8 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 9 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 10 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
Exclusive party bookings are available on weekdays and evenings, during the first two weeks of opening.
BID Director Wil Bryant, who has been leading the project, urged interested clubs, schools and businesses to get in touch as soon as possible as the slots are expected to fill up fast.
Bookings for the public sessions will open in mid-October.
To make a group or party booking for exclusive use of the ice rink contact Jackie Regan at Ourburystedmunds on 01284 766258 or email email@example.com