Winners of our £1000 giveaway announced
- Credit: Archant
Susan Ranson from Ipswich was the winner of the Ipswich Star’s prize.
The winners of the East Anglian Daily Times and Ipswich Star £1000 giveaways have been revealed.
Mrs Ranson said she was shocked to get the phonecall announcing her as the winner.
“I could not believe it,” said Mrs Ranson, “it’s the first time I have ever won something.”
Mrs Ranson, who reads the paper every day, says she will now split most of the money between her family with the rest going into her bank account so she can decide what she would like to do with it.
You may also want to watch:
To be in with the chance of winning the competitions entrants had to collect specially printed tokens and send them in.
Thousands of people from across the county entered the competition.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
The winner of the East Anglian’s draw was Wendy Fellgett.