Winning start as Vindis Skoda is retailer of year
- Credit: supplied
Vindis Skoda at Bury St Edmunds is celebrating its first year as a Skoda dealer by being crowned retailer of the year for 2012.
The retailer of the year celebrations had a strong Irish flavour – including mouthwatering local cuisine, toe-tapping tunes from an Irish folk band and traditional dancers – all set against the dramatic backdrop of the harp-shaped Samuel Beckett Bridge over the River Liffey.
Irish stand-up comedian and television presenter Dara O’Briain, who hosted the event, provided plenty of laughs throughout the night before handing out awards to the winning retailers for the different categories.
Steve Bradley, head of business at Vindis Skoda Bury St Edmunds, was thrilled to win retailer of the year.
He said: “We opened our doors on 14 February last year, so to win this in our first year is incredible.
You may also want to watch:
“We have good processes, a solid team and always focus on customer care. This award is something we can all be proud of.”
Jamie Vindis, operations director at Vindis Group, said; “I am extremely delighted for the team at Bury Skoda and feel that the winning of the retailer of the year award is testament to all of the hard work that they had put in.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 6 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 7 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 8 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 9 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 10 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
“Opening a new business can always be challenging but the Bury Skoda staff have showed that when this is done with the focus on the right things – ie achieving targets and delivering an exceptional customer experience – the results can most definitely follow. Well done guys and thank you.”