Witches give French star his chance
SPEEDWAYPoole Pirates v Ipswich WitchesChallenge, tonight 7.30pmBy Mike Bacon.FRENCH star Mathieu Tresarrieu has a chance to put himself in the Witches shop window with two good performances against Poole in tonight and tomorrow's challenge fixtures.
Poole Pirates v Ipswich Witches
Challenge, tonight 7.30pm
You may also want to watch:
By Mike Bacon.
FRENCH star Mathieu Tresarrieu has a chance to put himself in the Witches shop window with two good performances against Poole in tonight and tomorrow's challenge fixtures.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Cornell attracting Championship interest as Ipswich contract is terminated
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 6 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 7 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 8 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 9 Oxford boss hits out at 'ludicrous' League One spending while appearing to take swipe at Ipswich Town
- 10 5 cheap or free things to do in Suffolk this weekend
The 23-year-old Frenchman, a national speedway and grasstrack champion, rides at No.2 for a Suffolk side who will be hoping to finish their final team fixtures of the season with a double victory.
Although there are still two more home meetings to come at Foxhall, a GB U25 v an Australian U25 clash, and the 16-Lapper, the Poole clashes are being used by both clubs to take a look a new riders.
“Mathieu has ridden for Redcar and Reading, but he's ready now to take a more serious look at the sport in this country,” Witches rider Chris Louis said.
“It will be interesting for him and us, to see how he goes.”
While Ipswich give Tresarrieu a chance, Poole are giving three riders chances to prove they have what it takes to cut the mustard in the British Elite League.
Matej Kus, Dawid Lampart and Artur Mroczka are all guesting for the Pirates in both legs, as the Dorset side attempt to put their awful season behind them.
Hans Andersen leads the Poole challenge in both clashes, while Scott Nicholls and Robert Miskowiak lead the home charge.
For Witches Polish rider Dawid Stachyra time, and the season, is possibly running out on his Witches chances of a team place in 2010, although his efforts at Belle Vue will not have gone unnoticed, if still too late for some.
Ipswich team boss Pete Simmons will be an absentee from tonight's clash in Dorset; he fractured an elbow in the Kim Jansson Benefit football match at Ipswich Wanderers' Humber Doucy Ground on Sunday.
Poole: Hans Andersen, Steve Boxall, Joe Screen, Matej Kus, Magnus Zetterstrom, Dawid Lampart and Artur Mroczka.
Ipswich: Scott Nicholls, Matieu Tresarrieu,Troy Batchelor, Danny King, Robert Miskowiak, Dawid Stachyra and Carl Wilkinson.
(N) JOIN Mike Bacon for Friday's webchat. www.lovespeedway24.co.uk and click webchat. It takes place between 12 noon and 1pm.