Witches set for changes
THERE will be changes to the Ipswich Witches 2010 line-up - as confirmed by Chris Louis last night.Despite the Foxhall management saying they would like to keep the same seven that finished 2009, the points limit for 2010 of 40.
By Mike Bacon
THERE will be changes to the Ipswich Witches 2010 line-up - as confirmed by Chris Louis last night.
Despite the Foxhall management saying they would like to keep the same seven that finished 2009, the points limit for 2010 of 40.95, means the Witches will have to make changes, with the team that finished last season averaging 42.95.
You may also want to watch:
“It's no secret we were happy with the team that finished 2009,” Louis said.
“And we would have liked to keep it together, but that clearly won't be possible and we will have to wait on Scott Nicholls and Troy Batchelor, as they are owned by other clubs.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 10 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
“Having said that, I want 2010 to be all about entertainment and excitement at Ipswich. I want seven Witches riders who will love the new track and entertain the fans.
“Danny King is someone we want back, he ended the season as our captain and had a great attitude.
“I've seen Danny race all over Europe and if the track changes go through at Foxhall, he is one rider who will love the newly-shaped circuit.
“All of our club assets are high on our list to race for us next year, but right here, right now, I can't say more than that, with the BSPA conference only just over.”
It is likely however King, Robert Miskowiak and Tobi Kroner are likely to return to the Witches line-up in 2010.
Scott Nicholls has already said he would be happy to return, but there will be some dependency on Coventry's stance, as he is their parent club.
Troy Batchelor was given an ultimatum last week from Swindon to decide what he wished to do as regards the Robins, with another club (not Ipswich), already having made an illegal approach for him.
For all the latest on the Witches and speedway in general, bookmark www.lovespeedway24.co.uk
Follow Mike Bacon on Twitter (www.twitter.com Mike_Bacon)