Balloons caught in overhead wires stopping trains to London
- Credit: Archant
Train services between East Anglia and the capital are delayed or cancelled after balloons became caught in overhead wires.
The balloons became caught in the electric wires at Witham in Essex earlier on Tuesday evening.
Services running through the station are being disrupted as a result.
A Network Rail response team is en route to deal with the incident.
In a statement, Greater Anglia said: "Due to balloons caught on the overhead wire trains in the Witham area are being disrupted.
You may also want to watch:
"A Network Rail response team are aware and en route to Witham."
Disruption is expected until further notice.
- 1 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 5 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 6 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 7 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 8 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 9 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 10 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees