Witham: Boy is questioned over burglaries in Braintree Road and Rickstones Road
- Credit: Archant
A 14-year-old boy has been released on police bail after being questioned about two burglaries in Witham.
Jewellery, cash and ornaments were taken from a property in Braintree Road between 2pm and 3pm on Monday.
It is believed the thieves got in by smashing a conservatory window at the back of the house.
Detectives believe the people responsible could have also committed another burglary in Rickstones Road which also took place on Monday.
Two males were spotted smashing the rear patio window of the property at about 2.50pm. They got in and stole items of jewellery.
Officers searched the area and questioned a 14-year-old boy who was released on police bail until Wednesday August 7.
They would like to trace another male who was spotted at the scene. He was white and wore a light grey hooded top and grey baggy tracksuit bottoms. He was of slim build and had pale skin.
- 1 McKenna on Hladky and Bakinson futures
- 2 Controversial statue on Stowmarket roundabout gets green light
- 3 5 of the prettiest villages in Suffolk
- 4 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 5 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 6 Greater Anglia warns of further severe disruptions as more strikes planned
- 7 'Let's turn this into a fortress' - Town season ticket sales hit 16k
- 8 Mike Bacon: A perfect start to hopefully a perfect season
- 9 Plans for second village school scrapped in favour of bigger site
- 10 Officers 'extremely concerned' for missing 66-year-old woman
Anybody with any information should call Braintree police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.