Witham: Boy is questioned over burglaries in Braintree Road and Rickstones Road
- Credit: Archant
A 14-year-old boy has been released on police bail after being questioned about two burglaries in Witham.
Jewellery, cash and ornaments were taken from a property in Braintree Road between 2pm and 3pm on Monday.
It is believed the thieves got in by smashing a conservatory window at the back of the house.
Detectives believe the people responsible could have also committed another burglary in Rickstones Road which also took place on Monday.
Two males were spotted smashing the rear patio window of the property at about 2.50pm. They got in and stole items of jewellery.
You may also want to watch:
Officers searched the area and questioned a 14-year-old boy who was released on police bail until Wednesday August 7.
They would like to trace another male who was spotted at the scene. He was white and wore a light grey hooded top and grey baggy tracksuit bottoms. He was of slim build and had pale skin.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
Anybody with any information should call Braintree police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.