Witham: Burglar taunts woman, 91, as she leaves with her handbag saying “have a nice day”
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information following a burglary at the home of an elderly woman in Witham.
A woman entered the home of a 91-year-old woman in Maldon Road, at around 2.35pm on March 20 via an unsecured rear door.
She grabbed a handbag and said “have a nice day” to the homeowner, who was inside the home as she ran off.
The woman is thought to possibly have had pink in her hair.
Police have released a CCTV image of a woman captured near to the woman’s home.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who knows the woman pictured is asked to get in touch.
An attempt is believed to have been made to withdraw money from the woman’s bank account at a cash machines in Kelvedon and Colchester later that day by a man wearing a green jacket.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 3 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 4 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 5 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 6 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
Anyone with information is asked to contact Dc Chris Rhodes at Braintree CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.