Witham: Man bailed over chemical attack
- Credit: Su Anderson
A man arrested in connection with an attack involving a chemical being thrown over the victim has been bailed.
Friday’s incident saw a 56-year-old man suffer serious chemical burns after the liquid was thrown him at a block of flats off Bramble Road, Witham.
The victim was last night still receiving hospital treatment.
Detectives from Essex Police arrested a Witham man, 19, on Sunday evening on suspicion of assault in connection with the attack.
He has now been released on police bail until October 3, pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the attack is asked to call Essex Police at Braintree CID on 101 or ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 4 RACE NIGHT LIVE! Brilliant Witches win at Lynn in season opener
- 5 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 6 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 7 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 8 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 9 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 10 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash