Witham MP Priti Patel joins forces with Cold Feet star Fay Ripley to support Marie Curie’s Great Daffodil Appeal
- Credit: Archant
Witham MP Priti Patel has teamed up with TV star Fay Ripley to support a leading cancer charity appeal.
Ms Patel pledged her support for Marie Curie’s biggest annual fundraising campaign, the Great Daffodil Appeal, at a parliamentary event this week.
She was joined by Ms Ripley, best know for her role in the ITV series Cold Feet, in which she plays bubbly events manager Jenny Gifford.
Ms Patel said: “Marie Curie do wonderful work helping and supporting people affected by terminal illnesses and their families.
“These are difficult times and the comfort and support that Marie Curie provide is greatly appreciated by families in the Witham constituency. I am pleased to support this year’s Great Daffodil Appeal.”
Ms Ripley added: “Chances are, we all know someone who’s been affected by a terminal illness, so it’s absolutely crucial that families have the care and support they need at such a difficult time. I hope that as many people as possible wear a daffodil this March and understand that in doing so, they are making a huge difference for people living with a terminal illness and their loved ones.”
Marie Curie’s daffodil pins are now available from volunteers and shops on high streets across Essex.
- 1 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 2 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 3 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 4 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Suffolk mass vaccination centre wants to jab 10,000 amid Omicron concern
- 6 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 7 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 8 55 projects identified in major plans to transform transport
- 9 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 10 Arson probe launched after fire destroys car and caravan in Colchester