MP hears chapter and verse on Get Witham Reading
- Credit: Archant
A scheme to get youngsters reading has won the backing of Witham MP Priti Patel.
She visited Templars Academy nursery school in Witham where staff and pupils told her their ideas for Get Witham Reading 2019.
Now in its eigth year, this encourages children, parents and teachers to participate in reading activities.
Ms Patel also spoke with teachers about school improvements and issues involving special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
She said “It was a pleasure visiting Templars Academy and speaking with pupils about their exciting plans for this year’s Get Witham Reading. It is great to see so mnany young pupils entusiastic about reading and discussing their favourite books.
You may also want to watch:
“I also spoke with teachers at the school and one of the biggest issues raised was SEND provision.
“I am following up on these issues with both local authority and government to ensure that our local SEND service is high quality and that investment is focused on improving support and outcomes for children and young people with SEND needs.”
- 1 Group fined for travelling more than 10 miles to get a takeaway in lockdown
- 2 Tributes are paid to 'inspirational' teacher Gaynor Jacobs
- 3 'It's up to Marcus what he does' - Lambert reacts to Sunderland defeat
- 4 Senior Suffolk doctor admits to problems in local vaccine rollout
- 5 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 1-0 home loss to Sunderland
- 7 Large drop in coronavirus cases in Ipswich as county cases continue to fall
- 8 Development of 136 homes approved for rural village
- 9 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 10 First phase of new 2,000 home site approved