Witham: Second efit of man wanted in connection with chemical liquid attack released
- Credit: Archant
Police are issuing a second efit in connection with an attack on a man in Witham which has left him with serious chemical burns.
The efit is of the second man police are looking to trace in connection with the incident in Bramble Road which happened on Friday.
An unknown caustic liquid was thrown over the 56-year-old victim at around 10.45am in a communal entrance to a block of flats.
One efit has already been released, of a man with a distinctive braided hairstyle, and this efit is of the second man.
The man attacked had gone down to collect his post from the communal entrance to a block of flats when he encountered the two men banging on the door.
Following a brief exchange the two men threw the liquid, which was in a glass bottle, over the man and ran off.
He has suffered injuries to his hands and face consistent with the use of a harmful liquid. He was subsequently taken by ambulance to Broomfield Hospital for treatment. His injuries are not believed to be life threatening but are potentially life changing.
- 1 A14 westbound closed after car catches fire
- 2 'There are still areas we want to improve' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 3 'Eyesore' Suffolk seafront hotel for sale for £2million
- 4 Council has 'no plans' to alter verge cutting schedule in Suffolk
- 5 Town in negotiations with Aberdeen over Hladky sale
- 6 Plans for 5 'very large homes' in Suffolk village turned down
- 7 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 8 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 9 Stuart Taylor sacked by Hamilton
- 10 Ipswich Town appoint new Academy Manager
Anyone who recognises the men depicted in either efit or who has other information about the attack is asked to call Essex Police at Braintree CID on 101 or ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.