Witham station car park attendant robbed of takings
- Credit: Shout / Rex Features
A car park attendant at Witham railway station was robbed of his takings by a balaclava-wearing man.
The incident happened at the Cut Throat Lane car park at around 8.35am on Friday.
The victim, aged 20, was standing in his hut when he heard somone running towards him.
He was then punched several times to the head, leaving him feeling dizzy and disorientated, while the attacker stole the car park takings.
The suspect was a white man, aged 20-30, around 6ft tall and of average build.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing dark blue jeans, a black padded style jacket with hood, and dark trainers. During the attack he also had on a black balaclava and black gloves.
Pc Michaela Sargant, from Braintree CID, said: “The man ran off in the direction of the Forrest Road estate.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
“I would be very interested to hear from anyone who was near the car park at the time of the attack and saw the suspect or who has any information which could assist the investigation.”
Anyone with information should call Pc Sargant on 101 or ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.