Witness appeal after driver’s leg and jaw broken in collision with tree
- Credit: Tom Potter
Police are appealing for witnesses to a road traffic collision in Stuston, near Diss, which left a driver badly hurt in hospital.
The crash happened on the B1077, about 200 metres from the junction of Church Lane, at 12.20am on Sunday, October 8.
A silver Volkswagen Polo was travelling south on the B1077, towards the A140.
The vehicle lost control on a slight left hand bend, crossing the carriageway and hitting a large tree.
The female driver, aged 22, who was the only occupant of the car, sustained a broken lower right leg and a broken jaw. She also lost teeth in the impact.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed for about five hours while the vehicle was recovered, and reopened just after 5.15am.
The driver was taken to Norfolk and Norwich Hospital with serious leg injuries.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
Anyone who witnessed the collision should contact Bury St Edmunds roads policing on 101.