Witness appeal after motorcyclist injured in Exning crash
- Credit: Tom Potter
Traffic officers are appealing for witnesses to a serious crash last night.
Emergency services were called to Cemetery Hill, Exning, just before 9.30pm following the collision between a Mitsubishi L200 4x4 and a BMW motorbike.
The rider, a 59-year-old man from Newmarket, was trapped under the car and had to be freed before being taken to Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge.
He is currently being treated for broken ribs, a shoulder wound and possible internal injuries.
The road was closed until 2am for investigations.
You may also want to watch:
Police are keen to speak to anyone who saw either vehicle before the crash, or the collision itself.
It appears the motorcycle was being ridden from Exning towards Newmarket, with the Mitsubishi heading in the opposite direction.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 3 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 6 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 7 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 8 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 9 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
Anyone with information should call Pc Joseph Skippen at Bury St Edmunds Roads Policing Unit on 101, quoting CAD 450 of August 10.