Police swoop on Cavendish near Sudbury
- Credit: Archant
A man has been detained by police after an arrest was carried out in a Suffolk village today.
A riot van and police cars were spotted in Cavendish near Sudbury this afternoon.
According to eyewitnesses, there was a heavy police presence in the village at around 2pm on Wednesday afternoon, April 10.
A man who works nearby said: “They had blocked off the road just after Water Lane.
“There was a riot van and a police car blocking the road.
You may also want to watch:
“The cars were building up and it was causing a lot of traffic problems. “There was still one police car there when I left at 5.15pm.”
Residents took to social media to describe what they had seen and voice their concerns, with some reporting seeing multiple police units in the area.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 5 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 6 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 9 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 10 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday
One said: “We just managed to get down Water Lane, but the main road from there to Pentlow Lane was blocked off by police vans ... Hope everything’s ok.”
Another added: “Please be aware that the road through Cavendish just past Water Lane is currently closed.”
A spokesman for Suffolk police said officers had been called to an incident.
She said: “This was a localised incident and did not involve the wider public. “One male was detained.”