Witton: Car crash on A47 in Norfolk kills 19-year-old man, leaves another with broken neck
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
A 19-year-old man has died and another has suffered a broken neck after a car crash.
A grey Honda Civic collided with the central reservation on the A47 at Witton at around 10.25pm yesterday.
The car was travelling towards Norwich on the westbound carriageway when the crash happened.
The 19-year-old driver was pronounced dead at the scene and the second man, also 19, suffered a broken neck. He was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment.
The road was closed in both directions for several hours while an investigation was carried out and debris removed from the carriageway.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses should contact the Wymondham Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors