Wivenhoe: Fire at public house

Fire brought under control at Felixstowe Docks

Fire brought under control at Felixstowe Docks - Credit: Archant

Fire crews have been called to a fire at a public house in Wivenhoe.

One crew from Wivenhoe and two from Colchester were called to the Greyhound Public House in High Street, Wivenhoe.

Crews reported a tumble dryer was on fire which was located on the first floor of the three storey property. Firefighters wore breathing apparatus and used two hose reels to extinguish the fire.

A 30 year old man suffered from smoke inhalation and an ambulance was requested to the incident.

After the fire was extinguished crews used a thermal image camera to check for any remaining hotspots.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter