Wivenhoe: Witness appeal made as man remains in hospital with serious injuries after collision with a tree near University of Essex
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward after a man in his 20s was seriously injured when the car he was driving collided with a tree near the University of Essex.
The incident happened at about 7.10pm yesterday in Brightlingsea Road, Wivenhoe, near the junction with Colchester Road.
The driver, a man in his 20s and from the Manningtree area, was taken to Colchester General Hospital with serious injuries.
Police, firefighters and the ambulance service were all called to the scene.
The man was the only person in the car, a blue BMW, and no other vehicles were involved in the incident.
Any witnesses to the collision or anybody was information about the events leading up to the incident are asked to contact the Stanway road policing office on 101.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 4 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 5 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 6 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 7 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 8 Villages shock as seven Suffolk postboxes stolen in 10 days
- 9 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week
- 10 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release