Wivenhoe: Woman given oxygen after socket fire

FIREFIGHTERS have given oxygen to a woman in her seventies after an electrical fire started in her home.

Crews from Colchester and Wivenhoe were called to a house in Heath Road, Wivenhoe, at just after 7pm this evening after receiving a call from a member of the public.

They arrived to find that the fire, which had started in an electrical socket, had been extinguished but the woman was feeling the effects of smoke inhalation.

An Essex Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “She was treated as a precaution and the woman did not need hospital treatment and was left with her carer.

“The small fire was triggered by an electrical socket and was out on the arrival of crews. They checked the property to make sure it was safe and left the scene at 7.46pm.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus