Wolves on the up, Bees in final
WOLVERHAMPTON hold the upper hand in the Elite League Grand Final after a 54-38 first leg win over Swindon.Freddie Lindgren was the top man for Wolves with 14+1 and was unbeaten by a Swindon rider.
WOLVERHAMPTON hold the upper hand in the Elite League Grand Final after a 54-38 first leg win over Swindon.
Freddie Lindgren was the top man for Wolves with 14+1 and was unbeaten by a Swindon rider.
Wolves boss Peter Adams said: “Of course I'm delighted with the 16-point lead but we still have a job to do at Swindon next Monday. They are dangerous on their own track.”
Meanwhile Coventry will meet Lakeside in the Elite League Knockout Cup Final after beating Belle Vue 93-87 on aggregate.
You may also want to watch:
The Bees lost 48-42 on the night in Manchester with Chris Harris and Eddie Kennett scoring 12 each.
Boss Peter Oakes said: “It's great that we're through to yet another Cup Final despite all our problems and now we've got to go on and win it."
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car