Woman, 80, suffers carbon monoxide poisoning

A PENSIONER is in hospital today recovering from carbon monoxide poisoning, after a fire at her home.

A small fire broke out in a ground floor flat in Cornwall Road, Felixstowe at around 11.30am.

Two crews from Felixstowe fire station tackled the blaze.

An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said the 80-year-old occupant of the flat was taken to Ipswich Hospital, suffering smoke inhalation.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus