Woman airlifted to hospital after stabbing in Williams & Griffin store in Colchester
- Credit: Su Anderson
A woman has been airlifted to hospital after a stabbing in a Colchester department store.
Paramedics were called to the Williams & Griffin store at 2.44pm to help the victim, who had suffered serious abdominal injuries.
After enhanced critical care from East of England Ambulance Service crews she was airlifted by the Essex Air Ambulance, which landed in Castle Park, to the Royal London Hospital.
The woman was said to be in a serious but stable condition.
Essex Police said the woman had received a stab wound to her stomach.
You may also want to watch:
A force spokesman said it was being treated as an isolated incident and enquiries were ongoing.
It is understood no-one else is being sought in connection with the incident.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn
The store, owned by Fenwick, was unable to comment at this time.