Pair found dead in home were woman, 28, and four-year-old boy
- Credit: PA
A woman and child found dead at a Suffolk property are believed to have been 28 and four years old.
Police were called just before 6pm on April 26 to an address in Park Avenue, Newmarket, after a member of the public reported he had discovered the bodies of a woman and a young boy inside the premises.
Formal identification procedures are yet to take place, but it is understood that the woman was 28 years old and the child was aged four.
Until post-mortem examinations are carried out early next week, it is likely the deaths will remain unexplained.
However, based on initial findings, detectives do not currently believe there is any third-party involvement.
You may also want to watch:
A cordon has remained in place around the property today while officers continued with their work to determine the circumstances surrounding the incident. Next of kin have been made aware.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who was in the Park Avenue area yesterday and who may have seen or heard anything that could assist the inquiry.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 8 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact West CID at Bury St Edmunds Police Station on 101, quoting reference CAD 309 of April 26.