Pair found dead in home were woman, 28, and four-year-old boy
- Credit: PA
A woman and child found dead at a Suffolk property are believed to have been 28 and four years old.
Police were called just before 6pm on April 26 to an address in Park Avenue, Newmarket, after a member of the public reported he had discovered the bodies of a woman and a young boy inside the premises.
Formal identification procedures are yet to take place, but it is understood that the woman was 28 years old and the child was aged four.
Until post-mortem examinations are carried out early next week, it is likely the deaths will remain unexplained.
However, based on initial findings, detectives do not currently believe there is any third-party involvement.
A cordon has remained in place around the property today while officers continued with their work to determine the circumstances surrounding the incident. Next of kin have been made aware.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who was in the Park Avenue area yesterday and who may have seen or heard anything that could assist the inquiry.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 3 The Unruly Pig in Suffolk is named best gastropub in the UK
- 4 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 5 'We want him to be effective' - McKenna on Celina
- 6 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 7 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 8 Man, 33, jailed for 10 years for child sex offences
- 9 'It was too great a risk' - Ex Town defender Parr hangs up his boots
- 10 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact West CID at Bury St Edmunds Police Station on 101, quoting reference CAD 309 of April 26.